Grilled Shrimp Quesadillas Recipe
Grilled Shrimp Quesadillas, a quick and easy family-friendly dinner or fun appetizer with tropical flare!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
Yield 4 quesadillas
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (or Mexican Blend)
- 12 large precooked shrimp chopped
- 1/2 teaspon Caribbean Jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, and lime wedges
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Place 4 tortillas on a large cutting board or work surface. Sprinkle half of cheese on top.
In small bowl mix together shrimp and Caribbean seasoning. Spoon on top of tortillas and cheese.
Spoon pineapple, red onion, and cilantro over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of filling then top with remaining tortillas.
Grill quesadillas about 2-3 minutes per side or until browned and crispy. Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite toppings such as guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, and lime wedges..
SNAPPY TIPS: If you don't have a grill, you can cook in a skillet (cast iron works great) over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side or a use a quesadilla maker.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of shrimp, substitute your favorite protein such as chicken, ham, or other seafood.