Light Italian Chicken Chili Recipe
Light Italian Chicken Chili, an easy chicken chili recipe full of fresh vegetables!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 5 tablespoons Country Crock® Original Spread divided
- 4 slices Italian bread cut in half
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh zucchini
- 1 small yellow bell pepper chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Original Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread and cook, about 1-2 minutes per side, until lightly browned and crisp. Remove and set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Original Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Original Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook zucchini, bell pepper, and onion, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, chili powder and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook covered until tomatoes cook down and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and basil; top servings with toasted bread.
SNAPPY TIPS: Chili would also be great served over brown rice or pasta.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: For a vegetarian chili, omit the chicken and stir in a drained 15 to 16-oz. can black beans instead!