No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake, mini dessert recipe perfect for fall with pumpkin and chocolate!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
This No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake recipe is quick to prep and these cute little “cakes” are the perfect fall dessert! I know pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipes are all the rage this time of year but I wanted to come up with something a little different. I really didn’t think I’d like these no-bake pumpkin chocolate chip cakes, but did I mention I just ate 2 in about 5 seconds? Oh my! :)
I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate and pumpkin, but I couldn’t resist making these pumpkin chocolate chip cakes and they turned out delicious. Wayyyyy better than I thought. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing? :) What I love about them is that they only took about 10-15 minutes to prep and they’re not really cake (shhhhh….). But no one will know if you don’t tell them.
The chocolate cookies get very soft when in the refrigerator and the next day they will taste like cake. You can make these No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cakes with no pans and only ONE bowl so clean up is a breeze! Unfortunately, I didn’t get any actions shots. I made them at night and was in a hurry.
You will need to find chocolate wafer cookies which you should be able to find at most grocery stores such as Nabisco’s Famous Chocolate Wafers. I love no-bake desserts! Although these don’t take long to prep you do need to keep in the fridge for a while so be sure to plan ahead. Hope you enjoy these cute little No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cakes! :)
Hope you enjoy!
No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup pumpkin (such as Libby's 100% pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip), divided
- 48 chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth. Mix in pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin spice until well combined. Gently fold in 2 cups of whipped topping until well incorporated.
- Place 12 cookies on work surface. Using 1/3 of filling, spoon on top of cookies. Place another cookie on top of each, then spoon another 1/3 of filling on top of cookies. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies. Gently push down to push filling to edges then place in covered containers.
- For best results, keep cakes covered and refrigerate at least 6-8 hours or overnight for cookies to soften.Before serving top with remaining whipped topping and chocolate chips.
SNAPPY TIPS: Be sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature and beat well to remove lumps before adding other ingredients. Also be sure to refrigerate these cakes for at least 6-8 hours if not longer for the cookies to soften and turn cake like.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of pumpkin spice you could use cinnamon, your favorite spice, or omit.
Other chocolate and pumpkin recipes you may enjoy: