Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
An easy blood orange margarita recipe with blood orange juice, tequila, lime juice, and honey.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Yield 1 drink
- 4 tablespoons blood orange juice (fresh if you can)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (fresh if you can)
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon honey (or sugar)
- Glass rim (optional): lime juice & Kosher salt
- Serving suggestions (optional): slices of lime and/or blood oranges
Add ice to cocktail shaker. Add blood orange juice, lime juice, tequila, and honey. Shake until well combined.
Dip glass rim into lime juice (or wipe a fresh piece of lime around rim to coat) dip in salt. Strain Blood Orange Margarita into glass. Garnish with slices of lime and/or blood oranges if desired.
SNAPPY TIPS: If too cold the honey can clump up.To prevent this problem you can mix all the ingredients together before adding ice.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of honey you could use your favorite sweetener. Although fresh juices are better you could substitute bottled juice.