Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe for a mild taco meat seasoning. An easy DIY taco seasoning at home so you can tailor to your family's preferences. Makes about 4 tablespoons or use the notes for the bigger batch option.
SNAPPY TIPS: For best results use recently purchased or new dried herbs and spices. Older herbs and spices will not have as much flavor.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Adjust ingredients as desired for your family's personal preference. For a salt-free version, omit salt from any recipe.
For larger batch (makes about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup + 4 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper