Chicken Alfredo Dip
Chicken Alfredo Dip, a fun hot appetizer with lots of chicken, cheese and Alfredo sauce.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Yield 32 servings (makes about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese divided
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1 1/4 cups Alfredo sauce or homemade
- 2 cups precooked chicken shredded or finely chopped
- Garnish (optional): chopped fresh parsley
- Serve with: crackers, crostini, breadsticks, veggies, etc.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix cream cheese and 1 cup of Italian shredded cheese. Once combined stir in onion, then Alfredo sauce. Then stir in chicken.
Spoon mixture into a shallow baking dish or pie plate. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F in the middle of the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until heated through, but check on periodically and loosely cover with aluminum foil if it starts to get too browned on top.
Top with parsley if desired. Serve warm with choice of dippers.
SNAPPY TIPS: You can try adding other precooked vegetables (such as artichokes, spinach, or mushrooms) or meats (such as bacon, sausage, or seafood).
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can try using lower fat ingredients, but dip may not thicken or setup as well.