BBQ Nachos, the ultimate oven-baked nachos with BBQ pulled pork and homemade pickled onions.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 8 - 12 servings
- 2 cups precooked pulled pork
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce divided
- 1 cup pickled onions quartered or chopped
- 1 (10 - 12 ounce) bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Monterrey jack, Mexican blend, etc.), divided
- Toppings (optional): Green Onion, Sour Cream, Cilantro, Pickled Jalapenos, Black Beans, Corn
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large bowl stir together the pulled pork and 1 cup of BBQ sauce. Add more sauce as desired.
Place the tortilla chips in an even layer over the baking sheet. Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese on top of the chips.
Spoon pork and pickled onions on top of chips. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake nachos at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minute or until cheese has melted. Drizzle some of the remaining BBQ sauce on top.
Serve nachos with your favorite toppings as suggested.
SNAPPY TIPS: Measurements for this recipe are approximate. You may need to adjust to your personal preference. I suggest grating your own cheese rather than using the pre-shredded cheese for better results.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Any kind of precooked meat could be substituted for the pulled pork. You can serve these nachos with your favorite toppings including some of the suggestions given.