Shrimp Nachos with a tropical flare loaded with shrimp, Caribbean seasoning, and pineapple.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 8 - 12 servings
- 1 pound shrimp precooked & chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Caribbean seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 (10 - 12 ounce) bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Monterrey jack, Mexican blend, etc.), divided
- Toppings (optional): Fresh Chopped Cilantro, Lime Wedges, Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, mix together shrimp, Caribbean seasoning, pineapple, and jalapeno until combined.
Place the tortilla chips in an even layer over the baking sheet. Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese on top of the chips.
Sprinkle shrimp mixture over chips. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake nachos at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minute or until cheese has melted.
Serve nachos with your favorite toppings as suggested.
SNAPPY TIPS: Measurements for this recipe are approximate. You may need to adjust to your personal preference. I suggest grating your own cheese rather than using the pre-shredded cheese for better results.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of shrimp you can use your favorite precooked meat or omit for vegetarian option. You can serve these nachos with your favorite toppings including some of the suggestions given.