Loaded Nachos, easy homemade nachos baked in the oven with ground beef, onions, peppers, and toppings.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 8 - 12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (10 - 12 ounce) bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 pound shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Monterrey jack, Mexican blend, etc.), divided
- Toppings (optional): Lettuce, Tomato, Green Onion, Cilantro, Guacamole, Salsa, Sour Cream, and/or Olives
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large nonstick skillet, cook ground beef with onion and bell pepper until beef is cooked through and vegetables are slightly soft. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in taco seasoning.
Place the tortilla chips in an even layer over the baking sheet. Sprinkle about half to three-fourths of the shredded cheese on top of the chips.
Sprinkle ground beef, onions, and peppers over chips. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake nachos at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minute or until cheese has melted.
Serve nachos with your favorite toppings as suggested.
SNAPPY TIPS: Measurements for this recipe are approximate. You may need to adjust to your personal preference. I suggest grating your own cheese rather than using the pre-shredded cheese for better results.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Any kind of ground meat can be substituted for beef such as chicken or pork. You can serve these nachos with your favorite toppings including some of the suggestions given.