Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe including 3 flavors, Original, Mexican, and Peppermint. Great holiday or homemade Christmas gift!
(For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.)
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe including 3 flavors (Original Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, and Mexican Hot Chocolate) for you today! EASY to make, ready in minutes, and this homemade hot chocolate is a great homemade Christmas gift, birthday gift, teacher’s gift, or just because gift! Include some fun toppings like crushed peppermint (or candy canes) candy, mini chocolate chips, and/or mini marshmallows with your Homemade Hot Chocolate and you have a fun gift that everyone will love!
You should be able to find all the ingredients for this Homemade Hot Chocolate right in your grocery store including the instant powdered milk such as Carnation Instant Dry Milk. It does help to have a food processor to process everything to make it a little finer, but it will still work if you don’t have one. You may need to adjust the amounts of the ingredients and spices to your personal taste.
I like to include some of my favorite toppings like mini chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, and mini marshmallows and put everything in decorated bags or small mason jars. You could also make some cute homemade labels! This Homemade Hot Cocoa also makes a great stocking stuffer for the foodies in your life! If you’re looking for another fun homemade gift, check out this DIY Vanilla extract and Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix – 6 flavors. These Gingersnap Roasted Candied Pecans are also a great homemade edible gift idea!
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix (Original, Mexican, & Peppermint)
- 12 starlight peppermint candies (or 4 candy canes), finely crushed
- hot water (or hot milk, coconut milk, or almond milk)
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- mini chocolate chips crushed peppermint candy, and/or mini marshmallows
- Place powdered milk, powdered sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in food processor and process until fine consistency and combined. Remove and pour mix into storage container.
- For Peppermint, add 3 cups of original prepared hot chocolate mix and starlight candies (or candy canes) to food processor and process until candy is finely crushed.
- For Mexican, add 3 cups of original prepared hot chocolate mix, ground cinnamon, and ancho chile pepper to food process and process until combined.
- To serve, mix about 3-4 tablespoons of mix to one cup of hot water (or milk) and top with desired toppings.
Other Hot Chocolate inspired recipe you may enjoy: