Easy Yogurt Broccoli Salad recipe for you today! If you saw my Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Cutlets last week you may have noticed the broccoli salad next to it. I received some emails asking for the recipes, so here you go! Most broccoli salads use mayonnaise, but I thought I’d change it up a bit and use Greek Yogurt and I also gave the salad a slight Asian flavor to go with my pork. It turned out great and was quite easy to put together and no cooking!
First, you’ll need some raw broccoli. I got a 12 ounce bag of broccoli florets but you could cut-up a large head of broccoli and discard the stems. Make sure the florets are bite size so cut-up any large pieces. I do NOT recommend using thawed frozen broccoli. It would be too soft for this salad and get all mushy.
Mix in some dried cranberries such as Ocean Spray Craisins.
Add some sliced red onion.
Then in a small bowl make the dressing by combining plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani fat free plain Greek yogurt), sugar, white vinegar, cilantro, ginger, orange juice, and salt/pepper to taste. You may want to adjust the sugar to your personal taste.
Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Cover the salad and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Before serving, add some lightly salted cashews to the salad. Do NOT add the cashews too long before serving because they’ll get soggy. Next time I think I’ll add a little bacon to the salad! Hope you enjoy this easy broccoli salad recipe!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Yogurt Broccoli Salad|| || |
- 1 (12oz.) bag of fresh broccoli florets (or about 4 cups)
- 1 (5oz.) bag dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 small red onion, quartered & thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup lightly salted cashews
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- In large bowl combine broccoli, cranberries, and onion.
- In separate small bowl mix together Greek yogurt, sugar, vinegar, orange juice, cilantro, and salt/pepper to taste. Toss desired amount of dressing with broccoli salad. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle cashews on top of salad.
More vegetable salads I thought you would like:
- Roasted Vegetable Salad – What’s Cookin’ With Mary
- Vegetable Salad with Peanut Sauce – Indochine Kitchen
- Nonnie’s Chopped Veggie Salad – Life & Kitchen