Watermelon Poptini Cocktail Recipe, an easy summer drink with Pop Rocks, watermelon, and vodka! After I made my Mini Strawberry Shortcake Poppers recently, I couldn’t quite get over my fascination with Pop Rocks (which would be my way of saying I couldn’t get enough of those darn little candies!!!). Pop Rocks work great to line glass rims for your favorite drinks. I had some fresh watermelon in the house AND Watermelon Pop Rocks so what was a girl to do??? I went to the nearest liquor store, bought some watermelon vodka, and next thing I knew I was making a Watermelon Poptini! :)
This is a great summer drink! Hope you enjoy!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. :) So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
Cheers to a great summer!!!!
|Watermelon Poptini|| || |
- 2 cups fresh seedless watermelon (cut into cubes about ½-inch in diameter)
- ¼ cup watermelon vodka
- 2 tablespoons honey + more for glass rim
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 small packages watermelon Pop Rocks
- Place watermelon, vodka, 2 tablspoons honey, and lime juice in blender. Process until smooth. (If you notice a few watermelon seeds, pour through strainer if desired.)
- Rub a little honey on the edges of martini glasses then dip into Pop Rocks.
- Shake drink with ice if desired then strain into martini glasses.
- Makes 2 drinks
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You could substitute a little orange or lemon juice instead of the lime juice.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]