Watermelon Poptini Cocktail Recipe, an easy summer drink with Pop Rocks, watermelon, and vodka! After I made my Mini Strawberry Shortcake Poppers recently, I couldn’t quite get over my fascination with Pop Rocks (which would be my way of saying I couldn’t get enough of those darn little candies!!!). Pop Rocks work great to line glass rims for your favorite drinks. I had some fresh watermelon in the house AND Watermelon Pop Rocks so what was a girl to do??? I went to the nearest liquor store, bought some watermelon vodka, and next thing I knew I was making a Watermelon Poptini!
This is a great summer drink! Hope you enjoy!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
Cheers to a great summer!!!!
|Watermelon Poptini|| || |
- 2 cups fresh seedless watermelon (cut into cubes about ½-inch in diameter)
- ¼ cup watermelon vodka
- 2 tablespoons honey + more for glass rim
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 small packages watermelon Pop Rocks
- Place watermelon, vodka, 2 tablspoons honey, and lime juice in blender. Process until smooth. (If you notice a few watermelon seeds, pour through strainer if desired.)
- Rub a little honey on the edges of martini glasses then dip into Pop Rocks.
- Shake drink with ice if desired then strain into martini glasses.
- Makes 2 drinks
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You could substitute a little orange or lemon juice instead of the lime juice.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]