No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake recipe, mini dessert perfect for fall!
This No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake recipe is quick to prep and these cute little “cakes” are the perfect fall dessert! I know pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipes are all the rage this time of year but I wanted to come up with something a little different. I really didn’t think I’d like these no-bake pumpkin chocolate chip cakes, but did I mention I just ate 2 in about 5 seconds? Oh my!
I’m generally not a huge fan of chocolate and pumpkin, but I couldn’t resist making these pumpkin chocolate chip cakes and they turned out delicious. Wayyyyy better than I thought. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing? What I love about them is that they only took about 10-15 minutes to prep and they’re not really cake (shhhhh….). But no one will know if you don’t tell them. The chocolate cookies get very soft when in the refrigerator and the next day they will taste like cake. You can make these No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cakes with no pans and only ONE bowl so clean up is a breeze! Unfortunately, I didn’t get any actions shots. I made them at night and was in a hurry.
You will need to find chocolate wafer cookies which you should be able to find at most grocery stores such as Nabisco’s Famous Chocolate Wafers. I love no-bake desserts! Although these don’t take long to prep you do need to keep in the fridge for a while so be sure to plan ahead. Hope you enjoy these cute little No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cakes!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and/or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake|| |
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin (such as Libby's 100% pumpkin)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip), divided
- 48 chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth. Mix in pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin spice until well combined. Gently fold in 2 cups of whipped topping until well incorporated.
- Place 12 cookies on work surface. Using ⅓ of filling, spoon on top of cookies. Place another cookie on top of each, then spoon another ⅓ of filling on top of cookies. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies. Gently push down to push filling to edges then place in covered containers.
- For best results, keep cakes covered and refrigerate at least 6-8 hours or overnight for cookies to soften.Before serving top with remaining whipped topping and chocolate chips.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of pumpkin spice you could use cinnamon, your favorite spice, or omit.
Visit snappygourmet.com for more recipes.
Other chocolate and pumpkin recipes you may enjoy: