Red Velvet Hot Chocolate cocktail recipe (or mocktail) for you today! All the fun flavors of red velvet cake as a dessert cocktail or make the mocktail recipe version for the kids!
Like Red Velvet Cake? Like Hot Chocolate? Like Cocktails? How about combining them all into one drink recipe for the best Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail recipe perfect for cold winter nights or a party! This cocktail combines tastes of chocolate, cake, and even cream cheese. You can also make a non-alcoholic version or easily change the ingredients a bit to work with what you like.
I recently asked my Snappy Gourmet Facebook friends what kind of cocktail they were in the mood for and the answers were all over the place. I wish I could combine all your great ideas but think I covered some of them. This cocktail has chocolate, is warm for cold nights, and you can cut the calories by using skim milk. Also using cocoa powder rather than chocolate cuts down on the calories/fat. Two tablespoons of whipped cream is only 15 calories (check your brand though)! Love that! I’m not saying this cocktail is healthy by any means, but it’s not too bad compared to alternative cocktails and hot chocolates on the market. Nothing like a little cocoa to warm you up on a chilly night!
Want more fun cocktails or fun recipes? Check out all my RECIPE INDEX for more cocktails and recipes.
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail|| |
- ¾ cup milk (or cream or half & half)
- 2 tablespoons cake flavored vodka (such as Pinnacle)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate flavored vodka or liqueur (such as Pinnacle)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant cheesecake pudding mix
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- red food coloring
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- chocolate shavings or miniature chocolate chips
- Place milk, cake vodka, chocolate vodka, cocoa powder, pudding mix, and vanilla in a microwave safe glass. Whisk together. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until hot. Add a few drops of red food coloring. Whisk drink to combine.
- Top drink with whipped cream or whipped topping and shaved chocolate or chocolate chips.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Change amounts of ingredients as desired. For a non-alcoholic version substitute more milk for the alcohol and add a little sugar if desired. You could also add a little vanilla cake mix.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]
Other Red Velvet Recipes you may enjoy: