|Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms |
Author: Snappy Gourmet - Lisa Huff
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Flavors of Buffalo Chicken Wings stuffed in a mushroom cap!
- 16 oz. button or baby bella (crimini) mushrooms
- 4 oz. cream cheese (regular or reduced fat), softened
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2-4 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning mix (optional)
- ½ cup finely chopped precooked chicken
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray if desired.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Using a small spoon or fork, remove part of the inside of each mushroom to make room for filling. Discard stems and insides or save for other use. Place mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, ¼ cup blue cheese, 2 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce, and Ranch seasoning until well combined. Mix in chicken, celery, carrot, and red onion until well combined. Add more hot sauce in as desired.
- Using a small spoon, spoon filling into each mushroom being careful to not overfill. Sprinkle remaining blue cheese on top of mushrooms.
- Bake mushrooms about 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees F or until mushrooms are soft and cooked through.
SNAPPY TIPS: Make sure your vegetables and chicken are very finely chopped so that they fit inside the mushroom caps. Yield and cooking time may vary depending on size of mushrooms.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Instead of chicken, you can substitute finely chopped precooked shrimp or additional chopped vegetables.
(For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet at http://www.snappygourmet.com to sign up for an email/RSS subscription or visit Snappy Gourmet on Facebook or Twitter.)
Recipe by Snappy Gourmet at http://snappygourmet.com/buffalo-chicken-stuffed-mushrooms/