|Elvis Inspired Cookie cups |
Author: Snappy Gourmet
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Inspired by the popular Elvis sandwich that included bacon, honey, peanut butter, and banana.
- 14.42oz flour (408.75 g or about 3 cups + 6 1/2 tablespoons) unbleached all-purpose (10%protein) flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7.62oz (216g or about 1 cup + 2 tablespoons) light brown sugar
- 5.93oz (168g or 3/4cup + 2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lb. precooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 (6oz.) bag dried banana chips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 (10oz.) bag peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until well combined; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together brown sugar, granulated sugar, and 1 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- Beat flour mixture into wet mixture until combined. Stir in bacon and banana chips. Cover dough and refrigerate 2-3 hours, or overnight, or up to 2-3 days. Let it sit at room temperature until slightly softened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough among lightly greased mini-muffin pan cups. Press dough down to cover bottom of cup. Cook about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. While still warm, use handle of wooden spoon to create cavities in each cookie.Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Drizzle honey in cavities of each cookie.
- Meanwhile, place peanut butter chips, cream, 1 tablespoon butter, and corn syrup in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until mixture is smooth. Spoon peanut butter mixture into cavities of each cookie. Cool completely until peanut butter mixture is set.
SNAPPY TIPS: I strongly suggest refrigerating the dough for best results and not baking right away. You can make a big batch of the basic dough then use it for other upcoming recipes. I like to place the bacon and banana chips in a food processor and process for just a few seconds to chop everything.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute any type of chips for the peanut butter chips. I do not suggest substituting margarine for butter, whole eggs for the egg yolks. or bananas for the banana chips. Results will vary a lot the more you substitute.
(For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet at http://www.snappygourmet.com to sign up for an email/RSS subscription or visit Snappy Gourmet on Facebook or Twitter)
Recipe by Snappy Gourmet at http://snappygourmet.com/2011/12/19/elvis-inspired-cookie-cups/