Day 2 of my Saucy Mama recipes for their Fab with Five Recipe Challenge! Although you only had to enter one recipe I can’t stop thinking of new ideas! I made 5 recipes last week and will continue to post one each day this week. For today’s recipe I used the Saucy Mama Apricot Ginger Mustard for a sweet and tangy dip for my baked fries. And don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY sponsored by Saucy Mama!
The mustard is sweet and tangy like a honey mustard and would be great on any sandwich, or in potato salad, or even a little added to your burgers would be great! This is another quick and easy recipe with few ingredients! Only hard part is cutting the potatoes! The fries and dip are a great appetizer or side dish for your favorite meals! The dip would also be great for vegetables or sandwich spread.
Recipe #3 coming to you tomorrow…
|Caribbean Sweet Potato Baked Fries & Tangy Apricot Dipping Sauce|| |
- 4 sweet potatoes; peeled, sliced into ¼-inch long slices, then cut into ¼-inch wide strips
- Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Caribbean seasoning (or Caribbean Jerk seasoning)
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons SAUCY MAMA Apricot Ginger Mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl toss sweet potatoes with enough olive oil to just coat potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with Caribbean seasoning then spread in single layer on baking sheets. Do not overcrowd potatoes.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes then turn potatoes, and cook another 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together yogurt, mustard, and cilantro until well combined. Serve with fries for dipping.
SNAPPY SUBSTITUTIONS: Some Caribbean seasonings are more spicy than others so you may need to change the amount to sprinkle on the potatoes for your personal taste. If you don’t like Caribbean seasoning use any of your favorite seasoning blends such as Lemon Pepper, Cajun, etc.
[For more recipes visit Snappy Gourmet (http://www.snappygourmet.com); sign-up for posts via email or RSS; or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.]
Note: The above mentioned product was provided for free to use. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are my own.