Ready for the Super Bowl? It’s all about the FOOD isn’t it?? :) Lots of great recipes all over the internet for fun food for the big day. If you need a few ideas, I have an appetizer/snack board on Pinterest with lots of great ideas for you. I also put pictures of all my recipes on Pinterest so you can easily see all my recipes for quick reference and pinning! This week I have 4 simple appetizer spread recipes. They all have 5 ingredients (plus salt/pepper to taste) and are very easy to make, go great together, and perfect for any party!
Here are a more suggestions from my Recipe Index that you may enjoy for your Super Bowl Menu…
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Shrimp Bread Bowl Dip
- Caribbean Shrimp Sliders with Mango Slaw
- Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Crostini
- Crunchy Chicken Stuffed Waffle Pops & Maple Dijon Dip
- Mini Pretzel Rolls with Bacon Cheddar Butter Spread
- Mini Tarragon Lemon Shrimp Paninis
- Ranch Chicken Club Salad Sliders
- Spicy Sausage & Beer Cheese Dip (Slow Cooker)
- Sweet Heat Mango Chicken Sliders
- Sweet & Spicy Root Beer BBQ Pork
Today’s spread has cream cheese, bacon, onion, blue cheese, garlic, and salt/pepper to taste. I cooked the garlic, onion, and bacon all in the same pan, then let it cool. I put everything in a food processor and processed until just combined, but you can mix by hand. Super easy!! Serve with crackers, vegetables, baguette slices, etc. Since I was making 4 spreads at the same time, I garnished the top so I could easily tell which spread was which!! Enjoy!
I’m just a poor blogger and all I ask for is a little love to keep me going. So please don’t forget to ENTER my current giveaways for some great prizes! If you like this recipe, please follow me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. You can also sign-up to receive my recipes and posts by EMAIL or RSS. My recipes are original creations and owned by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy my recipes or pictures without my permission. Thanks for visiting Snappy Gourmet!
|Blue Cheese, Bacon, & Onion Spread|| || |
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Serving suggestions: vegetables, crackers, toasted baguette slices, pretzels, etc.
- Place bacon, onion, and garlic in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until bacon is crispy and onion is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon, onion, and garlic until well combined (or place in a food processor and process several times until just combined). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
A few other similar recipes from other sites that I thought you might enjoy:
- Pimento Cheese Spread – Cooking Weekends
- Shrimp & Sherry Cheese Spread – The Galley Gourmet
- Butternut Goat Cheese Walnut Spread – Big Flavors